Flin Flon/Snow Lake Mining District
Murgor Resources Wim and Hudvam Deposits
Alexandria Minerals has acquired Murgor Resources, adding value to Alexandria through:
- Increased properties
- Increased mineral resources and properties
- Increased exploration potential
- Alexandria’s Wim and Hudvam deposits, Manitoba, have an in situ metal value of $1.1+ B at 2008 metal prices
– using US $1.75 per lb copper, US $0.80 per lb zinc, US $700 per oz gold and US $10 per oz silver
– based on a 2.0% copper equivalent cut-off grade and a 2.5% copper equivalent cut-off grade.
- 100% interest, 2% net smelter return (NSR) royalty to Hudbay Minerals.
Flin Flon-Snow Lake Mining Districts
- It is the richest greenstone belt in Canada per square kilometre, hosting polymetallic, volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) deposits; is one of the largest Paleoproterozoic VMS districts in the world,
extending 250 km long, east-west, by 75 km wide, north-south.
- 30+ deposits, rich in copper-zinc with gold and silverhave been discovered in this greenstone belt.
- 27 mines, past and present, have operated in this greenstone belt since 1916,containing 180+ million tonnes of polymetallic mineralization, past production and current reserves.
- Local infrastructure and human resources, road, rail, power and operating concentrators, exist in the area; skilled labour and services are available locally.